During COVID-19, maintaining home hygiene is essential. Therefore, keeping Blankets clean and tidy is more important than ever, but most people do not have clear Blankets in time.
Blankets are commonly used beddings and have strong warmth retention. It is lighter and thinner than the quilt. Many people don’t know how to clean the blanket after buying it home.
Who invented blankets
Thomas Blanket made and popularised the first bed coverings that were both effective and affordable.
The early blankets were made from wool, well known for its cosy and fire-resistant properties.
What temperature to wash blankets
No matter what kind of blanket, don’t use a boiling water bubble. Using a boiling water bubble will not only deform the blankets, but also make the blankets shed more easily.
You can use 30 degrees Celsius water or cold water.
According to the blankets that are often sold on the market, Diipoo divides the quality of blankets into two broad categories. One is pure wool blankets, and the other is chemical fiber blankets. How to wash these two quality blankets is different.
Because the blankets has strong water absorption, the dry blankets are very light, but after soaking in water, the blankets will become very heavy. At this time, choose to use the washing machine to clean, the problem will arise and increase the burden of the washing machine, because the cleaning of the blanket requires gentle cleaning.
Diipoo’s custom blankets can be machine washed in a washing machine.
Way of washing
- First, roll the blankets into a mesh bag and put it into the washing machine;
- Use general detergent and wash it at room temperature, not rinsing;
- Dry it naturally after washing, do not use a dryer, do not iron.
- First, pour warm water of about 30 degrees Celsius into the pool, and add an appropriate amount of neutral detergent;
- Then put the blanket in the sink soaked, soak for about 20 minutes, and then gently scrub to release the stains in the blanket and remove the sewage;
- Rinse it with clean water repeatedly, squeeze out the water, and finally dry it out in the shade, do not expose it to the sun.
If the wool blanket has been used for a short time and has no stains, it only needs to be soaked and gently rubbed during cleaning, and the desired effect will be achieved after repeated many times.
Do not use brushes. Many people don’t know that the effects of brushes and washing machines will damage its lines and reduce the service life of wool blankets.
Because the woolen blanket is soft and elastic, has a plump feel and good warmth retention, a few drops of vinegar in the washing water can effectively prevent the blanket from getting old.
How to wash wool blankets
- Before washing the woolen blanket, soak it in cold water for a period of time to fully soak the blanket.
- Then lift the blanket, gently squeeze out some of the water, and rub it gently with soap.
- Don’t twist the blanket dry, use your hands to squeeze out the water. Otherwise, the blanket is easily deformed.
- Finally, blankets should generally be dried in the shade, do not expose them directly to the sun, as this will make the blankets hard, out of shape, and easy to shed hair.
How to wash flannel or fleece blankets
Generally, there are two kinds of polyester and acrylic fiber in the market. This kind of blanket can be washed in a washing machine. Generally, cold water of about 20 or 30 degrees is most suitable. Of course, hand washing is better
- If you are washing with a washing machine, remember not to use the washing machine to dry directly. Instead, squeeze it dry by hand.
- Put the blanket in the shade to dry, so that the shape of the blanket can be better maintained and it is not easy to shed hair.
- If you want to make the blankets wash more smoothly, you can add about one or two white vinegar in the last wash, so that the washed blanket will look more vivid.
How often should you wash your blankets
Duvet cover and bed sheets: once a week, if you are in a weak period or sick, you should wash it frequently to remove bacteria;
Pillowcase: once a week, because the pillow is very close to your face and needs to be kept clean; Therefore, we recommend that you buy two or more pillowcases, our custom body pillow can provide services.
Duvet: every two to three months, or at least twice a year, to prevent bed mites;
Pillow: once every three months, keep it hygienic;
Mattress protection cover: once every two months, more often if you have pets or allergies;
Mattress: at least once a year;
Bed blanket: once a week or once every two weeks;
Pajamas: once a week, more frequent washing in summer;
How to keep soft blankets soft
In daily care, the dust on the upper blankets can be removed by shaking and flapping.
In case of accidental spilling of beverages, the blankets will be soiled in a small area. Use a white towel with strong absorption power to damp it with warm water at about 40 degrees Celsius and wipe it gently.
If the blanket is partially stained with oil, it can be partially wiped with a mildly alkaline mild detergent, and then gently wiped clean with a white towel with strong absorption power and warm water of about 40 degrees Celsius.
Don’t panic when encountering a wide range of dirt. Turn the washing machine to a gentle level, add acidic or weakly alkaline mild detergent and stir well.
- If it is a pure blanket, you can put about white vinegar in the last rinse, so that the washed blanket can be as bright as new.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun to prevent the blanket from fading and deforming.
- It is best to brush the dried blanket again with a brush to restore the original soft feel and beautiful appearance of the blanket.